O'Neill Product Warranty
O’Neill Wetsuit Warranty:
Our wetsuit warranty only applies to wetsuits purchased from an authorised retailer within New Zealand or Australia. Our warranty is not valid on wetsuits bought second hand or bought from non-authorised online retailers such as eBay, Gumtree, Facebook or other auction sites. It also excludes wetsuits purchased from stores or websites outside of New Zealand/Australia.
The O’Neill wetsuit warranty = 12 months from date of original purchase
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O’Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by O’Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. Defective products should be returned to O'Neill clean, dry and correctly folded (see 'How to post your wetsuit' guide).
Not covered under warranty:
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in the materials or the workmanship
- Damage caused to wetsuits that have not been properly cared for
- Damage caused by fin chop, Velcro, leg ropes, rocks, gravel or security tags
- Damage caused by excessive exposure to sunlight
- Damage caused by improper handling or storage
- Failure to follow the instructions provided with the product
- Damage caused by fingernails
- Wetsuits that are samples, factory seconds or second hand
- Wetsuits that have been used in commercial environments such as rental or instructing
- Wetsuits that have been altered in any way or repaired elsewhere
- Seams that have been re-glued with products like Aqua Seal
- Wetsuits that are clearly well worn and should be retired, or are showing symptoms such as cracked or dry neoprene
- Damage caused from the Velcro located on the neck seal
- Wetsuits that were purchased more than 12 months ago
- Wetsuits without a valid receipt
- Wetsuits purchased from an unauthorised dealer
- Wetsuits purchased from outside Australia / New Zealand
If you purchased your product from an authorised retailer (physical store or online retailer) you must contact that retailer and return it to them along with your receipt and the retailer will facilitate the warranty claim with O’Neill.
If you bought your wetsuit from NZ.ONEILL.COM or AU.ONEILL.COM please click on the link below to access our Warranty Portal.
You will need your original order number to start this process which can be found in an order confirmation email or shipping/delivery email you would have received at time of purchase. If you do not have this please contact our team for help. Please note that we will not accept wetsuits that are still wet so please allow time to properly dry your wetsuit before returning.
Warranty cover for clothing, bags, footwear and accessories:
- 3 months for clothing
- 3 months for accessories
- 1 month for footwear
- 6 months for bags